Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cranberry Yogurt Cake

Honestly speaking, I've never been a fan of pound/butter cakes. I find them dense and dry, I'll very much prefer a chiffon or sponge cake. Gina shared this recipe in Kitchen Capers and many members tried and gave thumbs up to this recipe. I decided to give it a try and I must say this cake is unlike any pound/butter cakes that's heavy and dense. And the yogurt and cranberries combination is truly awesome!


I was rushing through this bake as I needed the oven for my Yogurt Bread, thus that explains why the top ain't brown nicely. I think it'll be better if I had let it bake for another 5 more mins. Nevertheless, it still taste yummy!

Cranberry Yogurt Cake
Ingredients
200ml plain white yogurt
100g dried cranberries
110g butter
200g castor sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method

  1. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and cranberries together and let it stand for 30 mins (room temperature
  2. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
  3. Add eggs, 1 at a time to mix.
  4. Add vanilla essence to mix.
  5. Stir in cranberry yogurt mixture with a spoon/spatula till evenly mixed.
  6. Fold in sifted flour/baking powder till well blended.
  7. Spoon batter onto prepared tin.
  8. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins till golden brown.
  9. Served warm.
Notes
If you are baking this in a loaf pan, you will need to adjust your baking time accordingly.

No comments: