Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mandarin Orange Peel Chicken

It never occur to me that Mandarin Orange Peel can be used as an ingredient for cooking until I saw it in Sonia's blog. Besides eating Mandarin Orange Peel on it's own, I've only used it to marinate guava.

With all ingredients on hand, I cooked this for dinner last night. There are no exact measurements in Sonia's blog so I just had to base on estimation. Not sure if I've got it done correctly but I'm satisfied with the taste, slightly tangy and sweet.

DS2 is not a meat person but he likes the taste so he ate a few pieces. DD1 however doesn't like it so I'm stucked in a dilemma if I should be cooking this again...

I was lazy to cut them into smaller pieces so I fried them in big chucks and cut it smaller to stir fry with the sauce and mandarin orange peel. The chicken turned slightly soggy, I'm not sure if it's because I've cut them up after deep-frying? Or did I add too much sauce?

Ingredients
(A)
2 pieces Boneless chicken quarters, deskined, cut into cubes

(B) Marinate sauce
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp corn flour
some pepper (I use black pepper)

(C)
Some rice flour

(D) Sauce
50ml water
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp fish sauce
3 slices, Mandarin Orange Peel, sliced thinly

Method
  1. Marinate chicken pieces with Ingredients (B) for at least 30 mins.
  2. Coat marinated chicken pieces with rice flour, deep fry till cooked/golden brown and set aside.
  3. Heat oil in a wok, add in Ingredients (D).
  4. Add in the fried chicken pieces and mix well.
  5. Serve.

No comments: