Friday, November 6, 2009

Peanut Butter Bread

It had been a while since I last bake a loaf of bread. When I don't bake, I totally forgot about it but once I get started, I couldn't myself from baking :P

Attempted HHB's Peanut Butter Bread since my peanut butter had been sitting in my fridge for the longest time.

Originally a breadmachine recipe but I had it plaited and baked it in my oven instead. . And instead of using powdered milk since I don't have any at home, I replaced water with full-cream milk.

Baked it in my 9" x 5" loaf pan as I don't have a pullman loaf pan.

Here's another one plaited but slightly longer.

And it went into my 4" round pan.

The bread was soft and airy, BUT I thought the bread tasted rancid but kids love it. Again, another recipe that couldn't please everyone.

Ingredients
300ml milk
3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon oil
450g (3 cups) bread flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1 & 1/4 teaspoons instant or fast-acting dried yeast

Method

  1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Let the machine knead for 15mins, stop the cycle and re-start the machine and let the dough knead for another cycle.
  2. Let it proof in machine for 30 - 45 mins or till double in size.
  3. When proofing is completed, punch down the bread dough to release the air.
  4. Divide dough into 2 portions (optional). Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 45-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
  5. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 30 to 35mins.
  6. Remove bread to cool on rack completely.

No comments: