Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cooking rice with AMC Pot

I used to have a small rice cooker but I find it occupies too much counter space.  My parents needed another rice cooker so I passed them mine since the rice cooker only serves one purpose.

When the children are still young, my way of cooking rice is to steam it.  I love the lingering rice smell in the kitchen.  But as the kids grow, I need to cook more rice so steaming gets a bit tricky as that means I'll need to use a bigger pot.

During our holidays in Australia, we cooked rice using the pots in the service apartment we stayed.  It wasn't that difficult, just need to ensure that when the water boils, it is time to turn down the flame and simmer till the rice is cooked.

Using the same logic, I experimented with cooking rice using my AMC pot.  After some trial and error, I'm finally able to cook rice the easy way.  If you are also a AMC user and wish to try it out, here are the steps.


Using medium fire, cook rice till 12 o'clock.  The water should be boiling inside (do not open lid).

Turn to medium low flame and cook till 3 o'clock.  Turn the heat to low and simmer for another 10 - 15 mins.  Turn off fire and let the needle retract back to 12 o'clock.

Open lid to fluff up rice and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to tell u I just cooked rice successfully using your method, thank you very much!!

Rice Cooker 5 Cup said...

Wow! I do wish to try this out. Thanks for sharing this simple method. Go for the yummy and easily cooked Rice!!